It took less than 6 months after reaching out to SCORE Southern Maryland for Kevyn Scott to get a business loan to support his purchase of a Charleys Philly Steaks franchise in Bowie, Maryland. In Kevyn’s own words: “The best decision I could have made was signing up for a SCORE mentorship program – it has been truly proven to be an invaluable decision.” From start to finish encompassed 7 months with the events sequenced as follows:
- May 23, 2020 – Kevyn reached out to SCORE Southern Maryland.
- May 29, 2020 – SCORE mentor Carson Zake and Kevyn met for the first time over Zoom.
- June 5, 2020 – Kevyn attended an introduction meeting with M&T Bank.
- July 14, 2020 – M&T Bank executed a Letter of Intent (LOI) with Charleys Philly Steaks in Bowie, MD location.
- October 5, 2020 – M&T approved Kevyn's loan application and sent it on for SBA's co-signature.
- October 16, 2020 – Kevyn and Carson meet for another SCORE session to develop grand opening plans.
- January 1, 2021 – Kevyn's Charleys Philly Steaks franchise location opens in Bowie Town Centre.
“I cannot thank [SCORE] enough for introducing me to Jason at M&T," Kevyn commented. "M&T made it a seamless, first class experience.”
Go visit and buy a Philly Cheesesteak.