Make a Difference in Our Community
Every year, SCORE volunteers help thousands of entrepreneurs live their dreams of successfully starting or growing a small business.
Last year, Southern Maryland SCORE assisted nearly 300 clients, and provided business workshops for hundreds more.
Give back to our community, while enjoying the benefits of SCORE membership. Sign up to be a SCORE volunteer.Apply to be a SCORE Volunteer
Give Back – Share Your Expertise
SCORE volunteers contribute by:
- Providing confidential business mentoring, in-person and online
- Leading business workshops and seminar
- Supporting local chapter Marketing, IT, fundraising and other initiatives
- Serving in leadership capacities with SCORE
… and get back in return
SCORE volunteers benefit by:
- Enjoying the satisfaction of contributing to others’ success
- Sharing experiences with other SCORE members
- Keeping up to date; participating in life-long learning
- Growing personally and professionally
As a SCORE Volunteer You Can:
- Provide confidential personal, or team, mentoring to both aspiring and established small business owners
- Share your expertise via low-cost SCORE workshops
- Serve our chapter in Marketing Fundraising, Administrative or Leadership roles
- Have flexibility and manage your volunteer time
And you don’t need a business background; we have members with law, military, government, and education experience, as well as business experience from small business to the Fortune 100.
Complete your application today to get more information about volunteering with SCORE and building small business in Maryland.Complete Your Application